Home Remodeling & Design: Shower Heads 101:
When designing for your bathroom remodeling project, often times there are some key elements of the remodel that may not cross your mind, but should. For example, the shower head. Although this is a mandatory element to any shower system, typically it is an item that often doesn’t get the attention it may deserve.
Leading manufactures continue to delight us with new and original water supply options, making our shower experience more comfortable than ever. Today we’ll be answering the most important questions you should ask yourself when choosing a shower head during your bathroom home remodeling project.
What you need to know first:
- Decide where it is ‘tied’ to. Meaning, is it fixed or removable, on the ceiling or on the wall. These variables will determine how your shower head functions and looks.
- Decide your price range. Weigh out the special features and upgrades with your budget and lifestyle. Keep in mind that the higher the price doesn’t always mean the higher the chance you’ll be satisfied. You need to make a selection that works best for you and your lifestyle.
- Decide who is using the space. For example, if its a guest bathroom you may want to consider selecting a model that is most easy to use. On the other hand, if it is being installed in your master bathroom agree with your spouse on features that might be more customizable or luxurious.
STANDARD WALL MOUNT:
- This is a good place to start in your search for a shower head. Although this is a common selection when trying to economize, the standard wall-mounted shower head ranges from typical and simple to elaborate and customizable in features and cost.
TOP MOUNTED SHOWER HEADS:
- In recent years, the top mounted shower heads became very popular. The decision to install ceiling shower needs to be made on the early stage of remodeling because the water pipes will have to be laid not only on the wall, but also on the ceiling. The top mount models with exactly the same capabilities can be installed directly to the wall and hang down from an extension arm.
- To accommodate height and personal preference of the user, consider a sliding bar shower head. This feature allows the shower head to move up and down along a wall-mounted base. For a bathroom shared among family members, a shower head like this ensures that everyone will have an enjoyable experience.
- Removable from its mounting, a handheld shower head performs well in specific site bathing and for washing pets & children. If you are stuck between wanting these features and a traditional shower head- why not have both? Two-in-one combos are increasingly popular to possess the best of both worlds.
SHOWER PANEL SYSTEMS:
- Picture shower panel systems as car wash for your body or a Jacuzziused while standing. This is a highly customizable option as you can not only specify the number of jets and their placement, but increase/ decrease water pressure on individual locations. Note that in homes with shower panels, hot water consumption tends to increase. Be sure there are no environmental restrictions in your area before you decide on this feature.
In addition to all of these options, consider how much time and energy you want to invest in the installation process. If you are looking for a professional to help you embark on your bathroom remodeling project, contact Synergy Builders today at 630-293-8070 to schedule your in-home complimentary consultation!