Bathroom remodeling Naperville homes is always a popular project. Homeowners spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Because it’s one of the most well lit rooms in the house, it’s easy to see wear, notice aging fixtures, or sigh at the hard water stains and grimy caulk. At some point it all becomes too much and we decide a remodel is in order.
One of the hardest parts of bathroom remodeling is settling on the design and features of the bathroom. No one wants to go through the process only to have a room that is outdated before it’s even complete. That’s why it’s important to search popular bathroom trends. Everyone wants to know not just what is popular now, but what is going to be popular for the next several years.
Here are the top 5 trends we expect to see more of in 2015 and as we move into 2016.
Top 5 Bathroom Remodeling Naperville Trends For 2015
There has a been a huge shift in the way we think about bathrooms in recent years. No longer viewed simply from a utilitarian perspective, bathrooms have become an oasis of calm in a busy household and as integral to a home’s décor as the family room. Here are some popular functions and features of 2015 that promise to stay in-style for years to come. Specific trends include:
- Feature Tiles. Have you taken a look at all of the new specialty tiles on the market these days? They are flat-out gorgeous. And durable too. This makes it easy to use these gems as accent tiles to give your bathroom floor a little something extra. Of course, tiles don’t just belong on the floor. Feature tiles can be added to showers and back splashes as well. Feature tiles are a great way to add a touch of pizzazz to an otherwise plain bathroom.
- Freestanding Tubs. Harkening back to the old days, a freestanding tub can be as striking as it is functional. Freestanding tubs make your bathroom feel like a spa; they set the mood for relaxation and self-indulgence. Tubs can enhance the design of the bathroom, too. The soft curves of a tub may offset the hard angled walls of the bathroom. Semi-freestanding tubs are popular too, giving homeowners the functionality of a built-in tub with ledges combined with the open feel of a freestanding tub. These types of tubs work well in smaller bathrooms where there may not be space for a completely freestanding tub.
- Water Controls. Water controls are changing. Going well beyond the basic “Hot” and “Cold” options, today’s faucets are high-tech. Automatic sensors, mixers that control several different water sources at one time (which are great for dual showers!), even touchscreen technology has made its way into the bathroom. Bathers can control the temperature, flow, and pressure of water in new ways. Bathing has gone high-tech.
- Deluxe Showers. Continuing the trend of creating a spa-like atmosphere in the home bathroom, showers are also getting a deluxe makeover. But, where the trend used to be towards bigger showers, that is no longer necessarily the case. Some types of bathroom remodeling in Naperville homes are limited by the size of the room. Large showers just aren’t possible. That doesn’t mean they can’t still be luxurious. Many eliminate the tub entirely, and add a full-glass walled, walk-in shower, lined with beautiful tiles, featuring multiple shower heads. These are all examples of luxury touches that can turn any sized bathroom into a restful retreat.
- Gray Colors. What list of trends would be complete without talking about color? Gray is in. Like other neutrals, gray offers a range of colors in the same family. When used in conjunction with white or even black and chrome, it can be very modern and sophisticated. Similarly, gray can tend towards the blue hues and evoke a restful feeling reminiscent of a rainy spring day. Gray is also enough of a neutral so that any added color will brighten up the room and “pop” in contrast.
For more ideas on bathroom remodeling Naperville, visit Synergy Builders.