Your cabinetry is hand-crafted from the finest select hardwoods. Due to the nature of real wood and the finish process used to protect it, care must be taken to ensure their durability for a lifetime. Use the following guidelines to assist you in maintaining the beauty of your cabinetry:
- A soft lint-free cotton cloth is recommended to wipe any moisture, spills or standing liquid from your cabinetry. Wipe up spills/ splatters, water spots immediately. While paper products are very good at absorbing spills, they are abrasive when used for cleaning.
- To clean your cabinetry use a soft cotton cloth, dampened with water or a mild soap/mild detergent i.e. Spic & Span or Ivory. Harsh chemicals or ammonia based products should be avoided as they may cause discoloration of the finish.
- DO NOT use products with bleach, ammonia, or abrasive additives
- NEVER use scouring pads, steel wool, or powdered cleaners. Avoid sponges or dish clothes, they may contain particles that could scratch your cabinets, or they may contain food and oil residue or remnants of harsh cleaning solutions.
- Do not allow oven cleaners to come in contact with wood finishes
- Avoid placing small kitchen appliances where heat is directed onto cabinet surfaces
- Avoid draping damp clothes or towels over cabinet doors, excessive moisture can cause permanent damage
- Waxing is not required or recommended.
- When cleaning glass cabinet doors; spray on ammonia-free glass cleaner on a lint-free cloth or paper towel.
- Products with acidic additives, i.e. Pledge or Orange Glo, may also cause the finish to wear.
We, at Synergy Builders, hope that these tips are helpful in the care and maintenance of your cabinetry. With this advice, your cabinets are sure to look newly installed for years to come!